Pages

Saturday

On what is your mind set?



My yarn basket, which is by my chair in the living room, shows what kind of person I am. In my basket, there are several unfinished projects. Sometimes the basket overflows and I have to put a shopping bag next to it. There are also several pattern books in my basket so that I can keep the ideas flowing.  Occasionally, I realize that my basket is a mess so reorganize it and store away the yarn I am not using. 

Sometimes my finished projects make it to Etsy. Other times I give them away. 

My yarn basket shows that I am a person of many interests who has trouble dedicating myself to one task.  Can God use my yarn basket to help me grow? 


Proverbs 3: 5 and 6 says, “Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not upon your own understanding. In all of your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your path.”

I am learning that when I dive into too many projects at once, I am getting ahead of God and leaning on my own understanding. When this happens, I have too many unfinished projects and a rat’s nest of a yarn basket.  When I concentrate on what the Lord wants, I am more productive.  I am more at rest and happy.

In everything we do, our mind should be set on pleasing Christ. If we do this, he will show us what to do.
This makes me wonder what would my shop, and yarn basket, look like if my mind were set on Christ? How are you doing in this area?  What does your particular craft, artwork or hobby say about you?  What does it say about Christ’s influence in your life?