Pages

Thursday

Blessing Boxes spruce up with a little Papermajik


WritingPlaces
 In the year that I've been on Etsy, one of the most popular items in my shop has been the regular-sized matchbox that I call the Blessing Box.

In the background, this box quotes the priestly blessing from Numbers 6: 24 - 26:

"The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.”

WritingPlaces
Since it has been so popular, I decided to make another version with my die cutter. This new version (pictured) is 5-1/4 x 3-5/8 x 7/8 - inch. When you compare it to the  2 x 1-1/4- inch box, you can see that it is about double the size. However, since the smaller boxes have been popular, I've decided to keep that size as well as sell the larger box. There are some boxes that I am allowing to expire because, one, I don't want a bunch of unused matches (there has to be a craft for that, right???) around my house from emptying matchboxes on patterns that don't sell well and two, I'd rather recycle chipboard than buy something new. Of course if anyone wants a large custom order of small matchboxes, to use as wedding favors or other types of favors, I'd be happy to take your order.
WritingPlaces

I really like the size of the larger boxes though. You can fit more into them for one. It would make a cute little stocking stuffer or just a nice little box for a small gift. This box would also be good to use during Clergy Appreciation Month in October or as a way to bring a smile to someone who's having a hard time.

New to the box is the paper that I've wrapped around the middle. In the original box, I just use paper from a package of mulberry paper scraps. The new paper is handmade by Pam Granger Gale at Papermajick, a wonderful shop on Etsy.

Pam's work is fabulous and her customer service is outstanding. She made a custom order for me so I know this through personal experience. Here is some of her work:


papermajik

papermajik

papermajik

papermajik

papermajik

papermajik

Isn't it gorgeous? I love the flower cards, especially the Queen Anne's Lace. You really have to go onto her site and look at everything. She also has mounted butterflies, scrapbook papers and some jewelry supplies.

I hope you stop by and give Pam's shop a look, maybe buy some of her products.

Tomorrow we'll continue the God and Art Series. Have a great day!