Pages

Thursday

Holy Thursday

This has been an extremely busy week. Ever since I committed to writing a series on the seven last phrases of Christ from the cross, I've been waylaid with busyness. The busyness is not bad. It's ball games, orders, art show festivals and awards night for the kids, work, etc., etc., etc. This is not an excuse. It's just reality. So I plan to continue writing this series after Easter.

Today, which is Holy Thursday or Maundy Thursday, I thought I'd repost a blog post that I wrote while going through my master's program at Northwest Nazarene University. Here it is:

Washing Feet. The Task of Every Christian

I would like to add a point to this. On Maundy Thursday, when Jesus and his disciples were together celebrating the Passover, Jesus instituted the new commandment from John 13: 34 -35 after washing his disciples' feet. Remember it?

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

Beautiful.

Help us to live it, Lord.