Pages

Friday

God and Art Series: Artist conveys love and hope in paintings


Today we are visiting with Kelly Bermudez, an artist who owns Gentle Whispers Art and Visual Devotions on Etsy

Kelly lives in Fayetteville, North Carolina. Here is her story:


KellyBermudez

"I have always been creative by nature. I come from a family of artists. It wasn’t until after eight years in law enforcement and having to quit because of an illness that my eyes were opened to what I was born to do. During my battle with the roller coaster effects of Hashimoto disease I began to paint. God had been calling me to paint for some time but I didn't even know were to begin. I had never painted before. I just starting painting about a year ago. It helped to take my mind off of the illness and art became very therapeutic to me. Regardless of the trials we face in life, I've learned that if we hold on to love and hope we can make it through them all. I try to convey my love and hope in the form of my own personal 'Visual Devotions.' I am a very visual person and pictures really do speak a thousand words.


KellyBermudez

"Currently, I am working on a series called 'Gentle Whispers.' My inspiration comes from my quest to illustrate the timeless poetic love song, Song of Solomon. I have limited my color palette for each of these paintings in this series to gray scale and one bright color. I have chosen watercolor as my medium to bring this historical love song to life in the form of a visual devotion."

For many of us it takes an unforseen change in plans to get us to see that God has a different plan. Kelly's story is an inspiration to us all and a reminder that we're not alone. Thanks, Kelly!


KellyBermudez


KellyBermudez