Pages

Wednesday

Food for thought

Well, I didn't return on Tuesday like I thought I would and I don't have much time to write today. However, I thought I'd leave you with some food for thought. I read this quote on Sunday from "Common Prayer: A Liturgy for Ordinary Radicals." Hope it gives you some light for your journey:


Eighth-century martyr Andrew of Crete wrote, "Let us say to Christ: Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord, the king of Israel. Let us wave before him like palm branches the words inscribed above him on the cross. Let us show him honor, not with olive branches, but with the splendor of merciful deeds to one another. Let us spread the thoughts and desires of our hearts under his feet like garments, so that he may draw the whole of our being into himself and place the whole of his in us.


Pretty good, huh? Kind of like succulent Porterhouse steak nicely seasoned and straight off the grill to your plate.